Background

Friday, November 12, 2010

Turkey dinner, turkey dinner, gather 'round!

I mentioned that I was going to post my Thanksgiving menu here, so I am!
This is the first year I get to have Thanksgiving dinner at my own house: my menu, my decorations, my couches to nap on. I'm really excited!

Here's what's on the menu, and any recipes that may be related:

Appetizers: roasted veggies and dip, cracker and cheese trays, smoked oysters and triscuits (my personal favorite)

Soup: Roasted Butternut Squash and Apple soup, courtesy Ina Garten.

Salad: Autumn greens with sauteed mushrooms and roasted acorn squash rings.

Main Event: Herbed roasted turkey

Sides: Home-made rolls
          cranberry chutney, recipe courtesy Martha Stewart Living
         my lovely Mother-in-Law's famous garlic mashed potatoes
         twice-baked sweet potatoes
         my grandpa's famous corn pudding
         oven-roasted green beans

Dessert: pumpkin bars, recipe courtesy About.com
         black bottom pie dessert shooters (my own invention: I'll post a recipe if they work out.)

Drinks: homemade ginger beer, recipe courtesy Martha Stewart Living
         raspberry fizz (simply raspberry juice and club soda)

I know that looks like a lot, but really, about half of it can be made days ahead. I even got all uber-dorky and made a timeline. I know. It's an illness. I'll talk more later about decorations and table settings. Yippie!

No comments:

Post a Comment