Background

Thursday, April 7, 2011

... is this thing on? Hello?

Busy days = no blogs. You know how it goes.

Anyway, spring is slowly approaching... like a decomposing zombie. The nice thing is there won't be any shotguns, machetes or braiiiiiins involved. (Aside: my weapon of choice during the Zombie Apocalypse would be a large gauge shotgun... just sayin'.)

Soccer and spring coughs and sneezes are underway. I'm running out of picnic ideas for those evening practices, though. Honestly, I love watching Thing 1 play. He's really improved this year, and he doesn't freak out every time the ball is kicked at his head. Mamma's so proud.

I'm going to be an Auntie again in a couple of weeks. This excites me no end. I love my nevvies, but we're expecting a girlie girl this time. My girls are so excited, Thing 3 especially. I've designed like 3 baby quilts so far, but have nothing to show for it. The first one is really complicated: paper foundation piecing, sweet sherbet colors. The second one was a little too... meh. I may back-burner that design until I can figure out what I can do to juice that one up. The third one is just right: simple enough HST variation, with a little applique sumpin'-sumpin'. I just need to get on the stick and get the couple of yards of fabric so I can knock it out and give it to her before her college graduation.

That's me right now. All talk and no show. I'm trying to remedy that in the near future.

In other news, I have a new boyfriend. My husband doesn't care, much. Except on the couple of nights a week when we have uninterrupted "hang-out-and-make-fun-of-the-television" time.
Here's a picture.
Internet, meet Fang.

He's a terrier x rescue, and he's the sweetest, most co-dependent animal I've ever seen. And I'm his favorite!
Seriously, he's like my shadow. It's kind of sweet, until I've tripped over him for the tenth time when I'm making dinner. He's snoring at my feet right now. It's pretty cute.

Ah well. Another day, another soccer game. Go Titans!

No comments:

Post a Comment